First Baptist Church of Huntingdon, Tennessee, was organized on December 31, 1888, in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church building by 23 charter members. A church building was erected in 1889. A new worship center was built in 1955. This was used until the move on December 17, 2006 to the present Worship Center.
The educational building was constructed in 1966. A Family Life Center, along with additional educational space, was completed in 1995. In 2002 we purchased two buildings on the court square. One of these buildings has been converted into "The Zone," a youth multipurpose facility and the other into "The Network" for older children's activities. On December 17, 2006 we entered a new phase of growth by moving into a new Worship Center with a seating capacity of more than 800. The church has grown from those first few families to a present membership of 1,200.
Our church is affiliated with the Carroll-Benton Baptist Association, the Tennessee Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention. Our church is a mission-minded church, supporting the cause of Christ through the Cooperative Program.